Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Guntank Reborn

Ah Guntank, you lovable, impractical weapon of war. You've always been more cute than menacing but with the arrival of Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin you've finally been given a design worthy of a giant tank with cannons everywhere.


While the Guntank from the original series looked like something that would stop short of crushing a lilly on it's way back from the fridge with your cool glass of lemonade, the rebooted tank looks as though it'd crush everything at a monster truck rally including the stadium. Initially I took notice of the redesign whilst reading volume one of the Origin manga, but it wasn't until images of the model kit started circulating that I was truly drawn in.


Look at that thing there, even awash in shades of grey it looks awesome. So awesome in fact that I mistook it for a MG - it's an HG - but I know what you're thinking. You're thinking it's just a handy bit of professional modeling by Bandai and you're probably right, even still the resin prototype is also plastic awesome!


Despite my preference for Master Grade's I fully expect to have this kit in my possession as soon as possible, I like the redesign that much, plus I expect it'll be pretty cheap as well. Hopefully this better version of the Guntank will get a MG release, in which case I'll probably be compelled to also purchase the original Guntank for a side-by-side. Enough from me what say you readers, what do you think of the Guntank Early Type (Tentative Name)?

Images courtesy of Gundam Wiki and Gundam Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment